Not Getting Fuel- Will Not START!!

Hi- My 96 Firebird was running yesterday and then at the top of a hill- knocked off- I could tell it was sputtering. Usually when this happens, I can rev it a fe times until the fuel kicks in and its fine, but this time- dead. Not getting any fuel at all. Starter fluid runs the engine like a top, but it looks like either bad fuel pump, clogged fuel line, or clogged air filter. I had the o2 sensors checked recently(there are 2 right?) abd was told they were running lean. Also about a year and a half ago, I was told by a couple different mechanics that my fuel pump was almost shot- the only thing is, I took it to Auto Zone and they hooked it up, and reset the computer system. It ran perfectly for a while, and since then when I drive it runs pretty darn good. Sometimes will bog down, obviously from lean o2 sensors, but I restart the car when that happens and 9 times outta 10, runs smooth as a top- ANY IDEAS? Also, can a failed o2 sensor cause a car not to start at all????

Reply to
morross

I don't know if this will help but it could be a cheap fix if it is the problem. Your fuel pump is connected to a fuse. I would check that fuse. Where did you get your o2 sensors checked? The reason that I ask is that I suspect that mine are bad and the guy at autozone said that you couldn't check if they were good or bad. Good luck!

Reply to
deanas2076

Reply to
Chad Loeffler