OBD I or OBD II

Does anyone know if the 1995 Pontiac Bonneville has the OBD I or OBD II system? Thanks Mike

Reply to
Mike

It is really neither - more like OBD1.5 It uses an OBDII connector but is not fully OBDII compliant.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Ok, so if anyone knows of a decent priced scan tool I can purchase?

Reply to
Mike

I use an Auto Xray. Works on all pre-OBDII american vehicles and all ABDII. AN upgrade will also do CanBus.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

I purchased an Actron Scan Tool on ebay. It came with a GM and Ford module. Had to purchase a cable to connect to the OBDII type connector on my 94 Bonneville. Works great!

Visit Actron .com for more info. New they cost about $225.

Reply to
Jeff & Carol