ping group...a question

My 1997 GP SE, 3800 has close to 104,000 mi. I just replaced all 4 tires, the left front wheel bearing assembly, and had it fully aligned up. The manual calls for a tuneup at this time also, my wallet needs a tuneup after the above work, the tuneup will wait for a bit yet. My question: on 3 occasions, latest being this morning, lights come on indicating problems, but when I shut it off and restart it, no lights come back. The lights are: tire pressure, traction off, change oil, and the warning for the ABS on lower left of instrument panel. Also, on one occasion, the transmission would not engage the direct drive clutch. Shutting the car off and restarting it, all worked fine. With the high gas prices I do not use it except when necessary. It might sit for 3 to 4 days, w/o being so much as unlocked. I'll have been driving

55 years next month, gas was 19.9 cents per gallon when I bought my first tank. The prices today distress me. Is there a problem starting to surface here, or is it the sitting unused doing this? Thank you...Rich
Reply to
rebos14
104k on the original tune up parts, but fuel prices bother you?, I also paid
Reply to
Shep

"Shep" wrote in news:1184282408 snipped-for-privacy@sp6iad.superfeed.net:

Reply to
rebos14

Hard to argue with that part.

No, they aren't. You and I are.

Reply to
Dipstick

No man. Blame China. It's easier than blaming ourselves.

/leebert

Reply to
leebert