Pontiac Bonneville

When I start my car, if you are standing from outside, you can here one metallic ping or knocking noise like a valve taping but only once just before the engine is started. Once the engine is started, the car is drive and feel like normal. Engine idle and rev fine. Does anyone know what would cause that? The car is driven mostly short trip around city during the pass 6 months if this help in diagnostic the problem.

Reply to
Sing

It's just getting old. Bearing clearances are getting larger, and all the oil is falling out of them during the night, resulting in a slap or two when it starts up. After the oil pump catches up it quiets down.

Reply to
Joe

Reply to
Robert Klauka