Re: 86 6000 LE Door Problems - Please Help!

Get a complete door from a junk yard?

I've got two minor problems that add up to one huge pain in the ass: > > Sometime last year the inside door latch on the driver's side stopped > working - I pulled on the handle and heard something snap, and now I > can't open the door from the inside. No problem; I just rolled down the > window and opened it using the outside latch handle. > > I think you can guess the next problem: last night the driver's side > window controls stopped working. The window controls on the other three > doors work fine; unfortunately, that does me little good getting out of > the car. I replaced the circuit breaker with no effect. Is there a fuse > for the driver's door controls? There is not one labled on the diagram > in the owner's manual, and I know from experience that those diagrams > are not 100% reliable. > > Anyone know which fuse is for the driver's door window controls? If that > doesn't exist or is not the problem, which is more likely to be the less > expensive repair - inside driver's door latch or driver's side window > controls? > > The car is a 1986 6000 LE, 2.5 with AC.
Reply to
hdd

If you need to replace the power window motor you need to remove the door panel. As long as you got the door panel OFF you can see what needs tp be replaced in regards to the door handle mechanism. Might as well fix both problems.

Power windows are controled by a little silver 30 ( ? ) Amp circuit breaker in the fuse box.

Old age is hell for a car, ain' t it.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~259,700 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face