Re: how do I release the factory clamp on my fuel filter? 2001 grand am

well i can tell u that it is a pain. please let me know if you get it off. i have a 98 that i cant get off either

Reply to
Nascar24Rulz

You will have to get the special 2001 Grand Am fuel filter factory clamp relase tool from your autoparts store. Some of the stores will lone you one for a deposit.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

those tools are just plastic and dont work worth a crap

Reply to
Nascar24Rulz

Funny, the one's I use and have used for a number of years are plastic. They work quite fine. Often, it's not a problem with the tool, but with the person who is operating the tool.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

ouch, pwnt...

Reply to
Paradox

LOL. We have a bunch of different brands and types, and there's always one that releases any spring or clip.....it doesn't mean the hose wants to come off though....so sometimes a little effort is involved, but that's the hose's fault, not the tool's GW

Paradox wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

i am a certified aircraft mechanic so i think i can ghandle a plastic tool that is idiotproof to use. there is always one that likes to shhot the mouth off before inserting foot----Ian

Reply to
Nascar24Rulz

I thought you said you couldn't handle the plastic tool? A tool is only idiot proof if the person using it is not an idiot.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai