Req; help with blower switch for 70 LeMans.

I have been haveing trouble with my blower motor comming and going. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.. Contact switch cleaner helped at first, but no longer. It has just about bit the dust now. I was thinking about putting a varriable speed control on the dash and wireing direct to the motor. Since I don't smoke, I figured I would put it where the cigarette lighter is. Is there anything specificaly for the purpose that part stores sell? I thought at first, maybe a track house lighting dimmer control that is 12 volt might work, but I don't know if they are ac or dc, or the resistance range I would need. Any ideas or info would be helpfull. TIA, mes.

Reply to
MES Jones

WQhy not just buy a new switch instead of buggaring it up with junk?

FBR

Do you know what a 1970 is like? You have to tear out the dash. Ever tried to tear out a dash on a car that old? It would ruin the dash. Where do you suggest I find a NEW part for a 1970? mes.

Reply to
MES Jones

Try here:

scroll down, you'll see the part on the left.

There are lots of new parts for a 1970 Lemans. I doubt you have to "tear out the dash" to replace that switch.

Jay S

Reply to
Jay S

Years ago there was a standard brand item for just that. I remember buying one. I would imagine they still make it, but of course the problem is getting the lousy auto parts stores of today to sell it to you. You don't look parts like that up on a computer under "Honduh" so it's hard for the current crop of parts store employees to find it.

So the answer to your question is yes.

Reply to
Joe

I may be able to get to it from the radio hole. That one says. "w/ac" I wonder if that means that there is an "off-speed1-s2-s3-s4" ? Mine does not have an off. Just 1,2,3,hi. I know some systems on cars in general will turn the ac compressor on via the blower switch. Mine does not. It turns on when you turn it to "ac or max" There is a separate switch under that on the left that turns the compressor on or off. At any rate, I will put a question to the company as well and see if I get a response. Thanks for the info. mes.

Reply to
MES Jones