Help! - 2000 Cherokee blower failure

My 2000 Cherokee Classic runs great, but the blower for the A/C and heater has been acting up. The mode selector knob seems to be selecting the right system: A/C, vent, heater, defrost; but the blower no longer blows, no matter what the blower setting is. I can hear everything working (but the blower) and I can actually feel cool, air conditioned air coming out of the vents, but only when the car is moving.

I've read some previous posts here about failing blowers in Cherokees, and other Jeeps, and the particular situation with the 2000 Cherokee concerning the lack of any fuse information in the fuse panel accessable under the passenger side dash.

I looked at the all the relays and fuses myself today, and the manual specifically states that the fuse info is inside the fuse cover panel, where the fuse cover panel says to look in the manual. Back and forth, etc.

Has anybody figured this fuse thing out yet? If anyone knows where I can get the fuse data sheet online, please let me know.

How can I find if my blower is bad, or just badly connected? Is the blower behind or under the dash, or under the hood?

TIA,

Tom

Reply to
TomSkill

L.W.(ßill)

unless jeeps are set up differently than other vehicles that i'm used to, it sounds more like blower motor failure. on a lot of other stuff i've worked on, the blower would work on high, but nothing else when the resistor failed.

Simple way to check, find the motor, and check for power and ground at the connector....or jump power and ground directly to the motor and see if it works....

experiencing

Reply to
someone

I 'think' the blower is under the hood, if it is like a Cherokee.

You can just unplug it and feed 12 volts directly to it to see if the motor is working or not. It is a DC motor that can spin any direction, so feeding power to it won't hurt if you get the plus and neg reversed for the test.

Sorry, can't help on the fuses or relays.

When nothing works, I suspect the switch first, then the motor....

Mike

TomSkill wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Hey,

Does this work on the ZJ too? I am experiencing blowing only at the "high" setting!

"Bo"

some>

Reply to
"Bo" Mathews