Right temperature; coolant

I run a 1991 Pontiac Grand Prix that had an engine replacement at

100,000 miles. It orginall had a 4 cyl and now it has a V-6.

In the original manual, it said that it should use 50/50 coolant, half-water, half-coolant.

Can I assume the same for the replacement engine?

Also, I just got my head gasket replaced. Before the replacement, the engine would run around 220. Now it runs at about 180. It also takes a while to heat up, whereas before it went right up to 220.

Which is more "normal"?

Reply to
John A. Bailo

Shep

some of the little pontiacs use 180 thermostat,, but generally youll find most cars use 190-192 t-stat. auto parts guy can tell you. thing is,if you use too cold t stat, your going to get poor gas milage .

ds549