should i get the sunfire??

:?: Hi, i am planning on getting a small used car for this fall to save on gas and i was wondering, what do you think about the 2000-04 sunfires? do they accelerate good? are they costly (mechanical probs)? and are they really that great on gas?

Reply to
chevy999

Good cars, they have been out a long time and have all the bugs outof them. I will go with an 03 0r 04. Have you looked at the Vibe? Great gas mileage.

Reply to
tj

I own a 2000 Sunfire. If you take care of it by keeping it serviced at regular intervals you should not have any major problems.

Reply to
Doug

Dido... i have a 97 Sunfire GT, no problems here either, just keep up regular servicing....

Reply to
locnar

I have a 97 Sunfire SE and have had no real problem. I am just having a new clutch installed but other than that the car is good on gas and very dependable. Would suggest that you have a reputable shop have a look at the car before you decide to purchase. Also make sure the shop lets you have a look at the undercarriage. If you see any leaks have the shop document them and explain what they might be and what the long term effect may be. This is just me but anything other than a valve cover leak I wont purchase. Just make sure that you can determine a valve cover leak from a head gasket leak. The head gasket leak can be very costly. More less an engine rebuild and can run in the hundreds.

Regards,

Reply to
Someone