Steering Probs.

First off I have tried the cheap step rotate the tires. Everyone asks that of course. Well the prob seems to be. while driving teh steering wheel puls from left to right not a whole lot just about 2 inches to the side then goes back to the other side like a shaking motion and you can feel it in the car also while driving it. Going over 50 it seems like the car is going to pull itslelf off the road. It has been like this for quite a while now just havent ahd the time to get it fixed. Now since I have a kid my family of 3 cant hop in the truck anymore if we have a trip to take. I had a at home mechanic look at it and he told me the rotors are warped and one of the outer tire rod ends are loose. I just dont know though wouldnt the rotors just effect it while braking if they were worn?????? Just wondering I am an aircraft mechanic so I know a bit about mechanics, but dont know a thing about cars really so if anyone can help or has an opinion id be grateful. Thanks

Reply to
pc76

May not be the same, but take a look at this article...

(I fowarded/attached the article "Simple Repair Great Results"... if it didn't make it through, try searching for it.)

John

Reply to
gifer

You need to get the tie rods fixed ASAP. If they fall apart while you're driving, you will lose steering control and possibly end up killing yourself and others.

Reply to
Ben