struts

have 93 grand am, 4 cyl, badly in need of struts . How long a job is this, both fronts need replaced. Also what should I expect to pay for just the struts. Is there an online place I could check out for ordering. Got to get back on road for gas mileage, truck killing me. Thanks

Reply to
Bob

hi bob, i just had the rear struts replaced and it cost me a total of $200, BUT it was done by a private mechanic, i called service stations and they wanted $400 $700. ask around try to bring it to someone that does it on the side. it takes a good 3-4 hours to fix. good luck

Reply to
sput

Napa sells Monroe "Quick Strut" modular assemblies... comes with the coil spring already installed. With no messing around removing and re-installing the springs (and no special tools to do it) it should be a fairly easy job... plus you get new springs! >;-} It looks like yours are $194 for the front and you have regular shocks in the rear:

I just helped a friend of mine replace the struts on his wife's car, and the whole remove & re-install the springs on the struts circus took most of the time; bolting the struts in was a snap. I'm going for the Quick Strut next time! David

"Bob" wrote in message news:459bfeda$0$5285$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...> have 93 grand am, 4 cyl, badly in need of struts . How long a job is > this, both fronts need replaced. Also what should I expect to pay for just > the struts. Is there an online place I could check out for ordering. Got > to get back on road for gas mileage, truck killing me. Thanks>

Reply to
David Courtney