Synthetic Oil

I've been thinking of switching over to synthetic motor oil for my 2000 GP

3800. But somewhere I heard you couldn't safely switch after you had been using regular motor oil for several years. Anyone got any info on this?

RP

Reply to
Rex Pender

I switched on one vehicle at 30K and another at 75K miles. Both vehicles are at 90K without a problem. Some will recommend a shortened oil/filter change interval on the first change.

Reply to
DonW

So I guess if you want your car to last, this is the way to go. Thanks!

Rex

Reply to
Rex Pender

Rex Pender wrote ( about Synthetic Oil ) : So I guess if you want your car to last, this is the way to go . Thanks.

Not necessarily ! I got by just fine using regular 10 W 30. Castrol or Penzoil. How many miles you want out of your car, 500,000 ?

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~261,000 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face