tranny slip

My 2001 Grand Prix GT 3.8 (with 87000 km). Starting to feel like it has a bad trans mission slip. The engine will raff up when I press the gas paddle. But the car does not respond. It Almost feels like the tranny is slipping real bad. question : Gould this be caused by a transmission censor, or does it mean a bad tranny . And where might i find the location of any censors regarding this problem. I hope someone knows what I am trying to explain, And I hope some one has a Answer before i take it to the dealer Thank you Chris Leenders

Reply to
chris leenders

Does it feel like it won't shift into OD, at 60 miles per hour, 100 km/hour what is the tach reading in RPMs.

Reply to
wp23