2002 SC2 transmission blues

Recently took my '02 SC2 AUTOMATIC (32K miles) into the shop to have the motor mounts replaced. Shop said diagnostics showd that my transmission throttle body was failing testing and needed to be replaced. Warranty covered it, so I ok'ed the repair in good faith. I now am wondering if I made a big mistake.

Seems that the tranny just wont learn how to shift smoothly no matter what I try. I have had techs reset the transmission variables twice already, been driving the car like a granny and also followed the suggested learning break in procedures (upshifting / downshifting) per the Saturn tech manual.

At lower speeds, around 15-20 mph (when going from a stop sign or traffic light) at approx 2K RPM, the tranny feels like it is "slipping" then the next shift feels like I am being tapped from behind by another car. Not smooth or enjoyable.

I didnt have this before they changed the Tranny TB, perhaps the part ehy installed is bad? Or does it take an extra-long time for the transmission to learn how to behave?

marx404

Reply to
marx404

just to not throw anybody off, the techs referred to it as the transmission throttle body, I call it the valve body.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

^There's the problem right there. I've never called it a throttle body as it does not control the throttle. I'll re-install my eSI disk this weekend and see what information I can give you. I cant remember if there were any checkballs with these.

Reply to
Blah Blah