transmission

I have a 89 Pontiac Grand Am. It had a new motor put in it years ago but now I'm wondering about the transmission. It goes in reverse just fine but when you first start it it's real slow about going forward. Drives fine at 65 but when you try to pass someone it hits real hard when it goes into a higher gear but doesn't go any faster. It has 230 k on the miles. If the tranny does go out what is a reasonable rate for a used one?

Reply to
rambler60

ever changed the filter in the trans??

ds549