Used newer GTO?

I am still looking for a car to replace my old 92 Grand Am.

I've noticed that there are quite a few used GTO's for sale on dealers lots. There seems to be many more used ones for sale than I see on the streets.

Any one have any comments as to why? Are they any good? Could it be the bad gas mileage, poor comfort, or what?

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
« Paul »

Bas gas mileage? Even the top of the line 2006 with the 400HP 6 liter gets

25MPG on the highway. The 5.7L get's 29MPG.
Reply to
80 Knight

I love my 2005 with the 6.0 liter, 400 hp LS-2 engine and 6 speed manual transmission. I get about 18 mpg in town, 23 to 25 on the open road. I think it is very comfortable to ride in and it handles very nicely.

I suspect the used ones you are seeing are 2004s with the less powerful 5.7 liter engine. But, I don't have the foggiest why people would be selling them trading them in.

Tom S.

Reply to
Tom S

There are 2004 GTO's here with 25k miles for $16k. Sure is tempting. Have not yet road tested one though. Paul

Reply to
« Paul »

That is the only way to know for sure. Only you can decide if you like the car. If you are in the market for a car, go test drive it. You may like it, you may not. Never know until you try.

Reply to
80 Knight

only reason I never bought a GTO was no vert option or sunroof or targa top

otherwise I would have purchased >>

Reply to
Les Benn