2005 GTO

Hi. This is my first post in this forum. Basically, I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to good places to check for the latest new, buzz, rumors, etc on the 2005 GTO. I'm looking for any info about Pontiac's intentions regarding the styling of the 2005 model. Ideally, I'd like a more retro look, but if I can't have that, at least something to set it apart (visually) from the Grand AM / Prix's and other cars that look like a bar of used soap. I didn't find much discussion in this forum, so I suspect there isn't much to say yet. TIA.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

There WAS an "open" link that GM had about it. If I remember correctly they're going to put the LS2 engine into it and hood scoops.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

Haven't been able to glean too much from the usual sites here in Oz, but we have a facelift of the Commodore about to be released soon.

Very minor style changes, the next major model update will be either late 2005 or early 2006.

The general drift we get is that the Monaro (Pontiac GTO) will have the new Gen IV V8 and a new Tiptronic gearbox, and that is certainly going to be a ZF box.

I don't think you will see an all new Monaro/GTO in the U.S. until

2006, although the engine/gearbox update may well make it sooner.
Reply to
Bearzz

Actually, now that I think about it. Go to gminsidenews.com and search the forums..that's where I first heard about the changes.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

has all the info (which will officially be announced next week). LS2 engine (400 hp, 395 tq - supposed to be 4.6 0-60 M6, 4.8 A4) hood scoops bigger brakes w/red GTO calipers separated dual exhaust (and new rear fascia)

2 new colors, a blue-grey (replacing Barbados Blue) and a vespers (dark) blue, replacing the Cosmos Purple :-(

Next bodystyle change in the U.S. will be for 2007 on a new RWD platform, probably built at GM's Oshawa, Ontario Canada plant. That car will have a Chevolet twin, rumored to be the Camaro, but more recently rumored to be the Chevelle...

Reply to
Zaphod Beeblebrox