Vibe - Filling up Gas Tank

Every other time I fill up my Vibe, it seems like I have problems getting a full tank of gas in. It comes 1 gallon short then clicks off. As much as I try to "top off", it doesn't seem all the way filled. What would cause that ?

Reply to
Craig

Sure its not full? when its on E you've still got like a gallon and a half in the tank.

Reply to
Paradox

When it's on E it's got 1.5 left. But sometimes it goes all the way to the top when I fill up, other times it's a little below. By doing the math on the expected gas mileage, it appears a gallon short.

Reply to
Craig

It probably has to do with the orientation of the vehicle and the shape of the gas tank. Don't worry about the extra gallon. Continued attempts at topping off when full could put fuel in places where it shouldn't be.

Reply to
hyundaitech

If I am parked on a slight incline I can fit about a half gallon more in my

2000 GP. I can tell because the gas gage goes from past full to the F within 10 miles if I don't. 20 miles if I do.

Reply to
Tony Kujawa