water sound

Possibly a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway. Off and on I've had the leaky onstar antenna on my 2004 Grand Prix GTP. I "fixed" it a while back following the instructions posted online but it still leaks once in a while. Anyway, fairly regularly when I'm making a turn, accelerating, or braking I hear what sounds like water rushing or swirling around. Is it possible there's a bunch of water that leaked in through the antenna and is trapped in the roof? Or somewhere else? Or is this AC condensation somewhere? Or ???

Thanks.

Reply to
Jay

Maybe you answer can be found here...

Did you actually use silicone for the onstar or just tighten it up...It makes a difference...

Reply to
RKELC

No, I just tightened it. Next time I'll silicon it.

Could you point me at a more specific link on the gpona site? I looked around for a few minutes but didn't see anything specific to this and couldn't find a way to search the forums.

Thanks.

"RKELC" wrote in news:Lo3ck.14405$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi067.nbdc.sbc.com:

Reply to
Jay

I often heard the same thing. A common problem with GrandPrix/GTP is the drainage hose fro the air conditioning unit gets blocked, sometimes resulting with water on passenger floor, sometimes not. I have heard the gurgling water sound as well. When you hear the sound, turn your air/heater completely off, and see if it goes away. If it does, find the drainage tube, inside your engine compartment near the firewall, and clean it out.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
DMHenrie

possibly also check the doors drain holes on the bottom of each door.

Reply to
erness.wild