I try stuff so you don't have to! Armor-All "Wax 'n Dry"

Well, you would have thought I'd have learned my lesson after trying this stuff on the Supra, and being disappointed with the swirl marks and the water spots, but NO, I had to try it again.

This time, on the Mazda. This car was parked under Evergreens for a few years, the paint on the roof...WHAT paint on the roof?...is shot, so rather than use my Zymol on it, I figured I'd give the Armor-All Wax 'n Dry another shot, esp since the car was wet and I wasn't going to waste time drying it off.

This crap is why God gave the good sense to Ryobi to make buffers! Supposedly, you can use it when the car is wet, like right after washing, or dry the car and use it like a regular wax.

I did the Supra when it was still wet. Horrible results. It made fingerprints stand out so well the FBI would love it, left marks where the wax was swirled, and didn't come off very well.

Today with the Mazda mostly dry, I figured I'd try it as a regular wax. After 15 minutes going over one spot again and again with a Micro-Fiber cloth, I decided it was time to pull out the buffer. I did manage to get a decent shine from the paint that wasn't ruined by the trees, but if I had wanted to put in that much effort, I would have used Meguire's and gotten a much beter finish.

Good thing I bought this stuff for a buck a bottle on the AutoZone discount table, or I'd be pissed!

In it's defense, it goes ON real easy, and if you use a buffer it comes off fairly well, too. All in all, stay away from this stuff. It's lousy!

Reply to
Hachiroku