944 cabriolet questions

Hi, Ive just won an auction on ebay for what looks like an excellent 89 3.0 s2

944 cabriolet, ill be going to pick it up next week but would like to be armed with any info I can regarding what to look for on this model.It has an almost full history and 96000miles on the clock. Are there any common problems to look for? Cheers Mike
Reply to
mo

Make sure the chain tensioner has been changed. (Due at 90K.)

Make sure the top is 100% operational (parts is hard to get)

The usual 944 stuff...rollers, belts, clutch, etc...

Reply to
Devils944S2

Also..I looked up your car on eBay...the steering wheel is on the wrong side! : ) That's gonna cost ya!

Actually, just look over those service records and have a mechanic look it over for obvious stuff.

Reply to
Devils944S2

LOL,,, I thought the wheel was in the right place, thanks for the info

Reply to
mo