? Best Junkyard in Seattle area for VW Rabbit / Cabriolet

I'd like to find a junkyard to start getting some parts from. Seats / Vent Windows / etc.

Does anyone know of a good one for rabbits and cabriolets ( mine is a

82 rabbit convertible ) in the Seattle area ( King, Snohomish, Pierce counties )

In general, is this a cheaper route than buying stuff off ebay? Thanks for your advice.

/\/\ike

Reply to
mikedawg

Mister.Lull

i also have an 82 rabbit convertible that i am currently working on, my downside....electric work....grrr... but anyhow a good place i found that actually had some rabbits/cabriolets is absolutegerman auto wecking 9510 14th ave s. Seattle, or at absolutegerman.com late time i was there they had a few rabbits/cabriolets i do not know if they have what you need but your best bet is to look there first. ive never been able to find anything off ebay, i have seen a few on craigs list around in this area like a parts rabbit for 500 dollars but im not sure if i want to buy it for the few parts i want/need

oh and if you happen to run by any new/used convertible tops that aren't too bad or some wiring harnesses thats what i need. send me a message if yah got any questions or anything at harry snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

snipped-for-privacy@u.wash> I'd like to find a junkyard to start getting some parts from. Seats /

Reply to
durtyharry

There's also a place called Bugaid or Earae on Midvale about 1 block south of 145th (almost in Shoreline). They used to have a wrecking yard, but shut it down due to lack of profit. However, they occasionally get VW's that they're parting out. Tell them what you need, and maybe they either have it, or know someone who does.

Plan B: If you have any storage space, buy a parts car cheap from Craigslist. I tore down my old 84 Jetta > I'd like to find a junkyard to start getting some parts from. Seats /

Reply to
Mad Maxine