Anybody put a Wevo shifter in their 911SC?

I have a '79 SC, and I've never like the way it shifts, even after an overhaul. An expert told me that shifting an SC is like stirring a bucket of tar with a stick, and I agree. That's just the way most of them are.

Now I'm hearing all these wonderful things about the Wevo shifter and shift gate, and I'm wondering if anybody else out there has installed one of these things, and if it made as much of a difference as I'm reading about.

While this could be the answer to my prayers (the 915 tranny is the only thing I hate about the car), I'm afraid I'll spend the money and it will do nothing. Unless it really makes a difference, that's a lot of money to only get a spring-loaded shifter.

Sheldon snipped-for-privacy@sopris.net

Reply to
Sheldon

I've never heard of this - have you got a web site? Also, have you adjusted your clutch cable and replaced your shifter bushing and otherwise maintained the thing? I'm happier with mine since I replaced the bushing and adjusted and lubed the linkage (though it's still not as nice a shift as a 944, or just about any Honda). Emanuel

Reply to
Emanuel Brown