IS 1988 911 Carrera Chipped?

How can I determine if this 911 is chipped? Is there any easy way, I've been told by the owner that he thinks it is chipped but I'm not to sure. Where do I look? Also if it's not chipped does anyone have some good recommendations for chipping it? (For the trolls out there I don't mean chipping the paint)

Reply to
R Doornbosch

I guess the only way to really know if to actually look. the ECU is under the drivers seat. Its easy to pull it out. - pull the cover and see if it says anything other than Porsche on the chip... Just an idea...

Adam

Reply to
Adam Schwartz

Adam is right...very simple, the stock chip will have a Porsche pn..most of the aftermarket chips will have their logo. Good Luck!!

recommendations

Reply to
Steve