Boxster radio / satellite / gps

I have a 2002 Boxster, and I hate very little about it.

But, I hate the cupholder unit (above the radio, how dumb is that?).

I'm wishing that I had a more updated radio - with Sirius, or at least a jack for an mp3 player. GPS would be nice too...

Anyone have a setup like that in their dash? I'd like to see some photos and ideas. I dont think I would miss the cupholders all that much, and tearing them out for a GPS would be kinda cool.... just looking for ideas at this point.

Reply to
Chowda Hed

Try the Sirius Visor mounted under the dash on the left of the steering wheel, antenna on the dash to the right of the LED. Be sure to wire in line with the antenna (extra price but worth it in sound quality). I'd send a pic but my girlfriend has the camera.

Try

if you're looking for a "usable" cup holder. Mine holds everything great.

Good luck.

Reply to
Blues Grandson

Wow! That cupholder looks great! Simple, but jesus... nice to see that some engineer, somewhere, gets it!

That certainly makes the ludicrous dash cupholders obsolete.... out they come! Now lets see what I can get in there!

Reply to
Chowda Hed

hi :)

At least you HAVE a cupholder! My Carrera 4 doesn't have one...not a standard feature..

Reply to
Porsche_Blondie

I bought two of the "ultimate" cupholders. Fantastic. I used to jam bottles of water in the gap between the seat adjustment lever and the console anyhow... so I can now put my coffee somewhere that it wont have a chance of becoming destructo liquid for my electronics.

Now to delete the cupholders and find some way to get a GPS and a Satellite in the gap.

Reply to
Chowda Hed

OK I came into this thread late. WHAT "ultimate" cupholders?

Reply to
Dan Stephenson

"Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus

2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Reply to
E Brown