Boxster wont start

I have a 1999 Boxster which has been very reliable. Mileage is only about

19k.

Today I tried to start the car but it wouldn't fire up. The starter motor turns. However it turns whether the clutch is depressed or not.

It's been suggested to me that I may have an alarm/imobilzer problem.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Reply to
Tom Willey

Hi!

Most likely it's a dead battery...! You should get the Porsche battery maintainer (Part nr WAP 000.043.202.56) when you've replaced this battery by a new one.

Good luck!

98 986 2,5

Reply to
vricardo

All Porsche's have another little problem, be sure to check the ground on the body to the engine. if its rusted or corroded in anyways this may be the problem.

Reply to
TallTim