Cheap road racing question.

I know that this isn't the american top fuel drasgster forum but I wanted to poll to see which car people woul put their money on in a stop light shootout. a 964 or a Mitsubishi 300Gt VR4 I have an acquaintance that I just know is going to want to race. That's not what I bought the car for but I would like to know where I would stack up just in case.

Shujun

JPM/Williams 2003 ...or any non-Schumacher

Reply to
Jae

Depends on year of the Mitsu. If it is a later model, it would win. If it is an early 90's model, the numbers are about even, so it would depend on the driver.

Porsche does not build dragsters, so you would be at a distinct disadvantage.

Reply to
Devils944

A stock VR4 will do around 14.0@99mph. A cheaply-modded one will do low-13s @ 105 or so. A mildly-modded one will do around low-12s @

110-112. The AWD will make most other cars play catch-up for a long time if the race is from a stop and the driver launches it like he has a pair. Stock, a VR4 is pretty cool. Modded, they can really kick some ass. So, depends what it has done to it, if anything. Stock, they're pretty cool, but they're not *all* that fast.
Reply to
Brad

Reply to
Joe Gliebe