Check engine light saga

Over the past year, the check engine light on my 2000 Boxster has lit up about 5 times resulting in trips to the dealership. This is not only expensive, but a pain in the ass. Has anyone else had a continuous problem with the air sensors or whatever that would cause this?

Reply to
Yankeluh

wrote

Have you replaced the gas cap? It'll light if you don't get it on tight enough or if it doesn't seal properly (vapor recovery is part of the emissions system.)

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Thanks, I will try that. The dealer installed a new one about two years ago when the "recall" for that issue was in effect. I will give it a try.

Reply to
Yankeluh

Disconnect the battery for 1 minute, light goes out. If light doesn't come on, don't get ripped off at the dealer.

Reply to
PhilX