Curious

Can anyone explain the break down of the serial number of a 914 Porsche say the number is as follows.

4722909229 I know it is a 1972 and I have to guess the first number represents the number of cylinders but the rest is Chinese to me please sombody enlighten me. Thanks in advance Emil
Reply to
Kurt

Middleyear 911 page has a decoder page, I would think 914's would be the similar, but not sure

I found it on this link.

1972 914/4 76 hp @ 4900 rpm SAE 80hp @ 4900 DIN Trans 914-11 It will give you the chassis, engine and trans serial ranges as well.

Reply to
Vern