Key battery substitution

I changed the battery in my 1998 Boxster 2500's key. Now the radio command doesn't work. Should I "inizialize" the key? How? Thanks Carlo

Reply to
CarloMag

Make sure that the battery is installed correctly. If your key has the little red LED, make sure it is lighting up when you press a button. If not...the battery is probably turned wrong, the contacts inside the key are corroded, or there's an problem with the key's electronics.

Good Luck...

Reply to
Weekend Guru

Thanks, but: red LED lights and the battery, i'm sure, is properly set. Someone told me that there should be a procedure to rewake the key (for example, Audi or Rover do so) when the battery is changed; something like: put the key end make a code turning it right end left a given number of times... Is it true?

Bye

Carlo

"Weekend Guru" ha scritto nel messaggio news:1_l1f.2081$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net...

Reply to
CarloMag

Based on what I know about the Porsche 986 and 996 remote systems:

If you don't use the remote for "X" number of days (either 7 or more), the receiver in the car turns off. However, once you use the key to start the car, the receiver turns back on...and it should work fine. If it doesn't, then something is wrong....especially if your LED is flashing as it should when the buttons are pushed. This means the battery in the key is installed correctly.

If you've started the car with the key in question...then it's time for professional help.

Reply to
Weekend Guru

Oh, maybe. Tomorrow I will use my key (manually) and I wait and see the result.

Thanks.

Carlo

"Weekend Guru" ha scritto nel messaggio news:enO1f.1327$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
CarloMag

No, nothing to do. No problem with the second key. Bye

"CarloMag" ha scritto nel messaggio news:P_U1f.1222$ snipped-for-privacy@twister1.libero.it...

Reply to
CarloMag