KYB shocks suck?

OK so I was ready to set my '44 on fire a couple days ago... driving home from a cookout in VA and I start to hear a little clunk from the rear end, sounds like a loose shock. Well I figure I'll check it out when I get home, after all the PO replaced them right before I got the car so I figure it's just a loose bolt. It's not... take it to shop and the guy puts it up on the lift and says he doesn't see anything wrong either but it makes the noise with the shocks installed and does not with the shocks removed. Two Bilstein rear shocks later (and about $500 including labor out of my wallet) and my car is clunk free.

I have some almost new KYBs if anyone wants to take a chance with 'em...

nate

PS - of course it has to happen when I just finished rebuilding the front suspension on my Stude *except* for the install of the sway bar, 'cause my bushings didn't come in, so I had *no* car to drive this week except my landlady's (bless her) POS Nissan pickup. Granted it's better than the shoe leather express but I had to remind myself continually that it was *not* a Porsche...

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Yup, I stopped using KYB's for the same reason. They are cheap, but get noisy real fast. Drove me crazy. And, KYB won't warranty them against noise, only leaks.

Reply to
Stephen Clark

my friend, bilstiens are for the life of the car ! you can't cut corners on a porsche . regards,

Reply to
woody