New Boxster Sound Problems?

I bought the new Boxster S last year with BOSE installed. Prior to my Boxster arriving, I had 2 other new Boxster models available to me as there was a delay in receiving mine.

However, in all of the Boxsters I have had, there has been, and still is, problems with the sound system.

The radio/cd player will reset itself to the default settings, sometimes it won`t come on at all and other times the system will be on but there will be no sound.

Turning the engine off, locking the vehicle then unlocking the vehicle and restarting the engine, sometimes, but not always resolves the problem.

Porsche have replaced the radio/cd unit, but the problem still remains.

I used to notice the problem more often when the temperature was quite cold but even with the warmer weather, it still has occurred. Im in the UK by the way.

I understand that Porsche are quite aware of this problem but not do not maybe know the cause of it.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

Also, what do you think of BOSE in the Boxster? Personally, Im very disappointed with it, I expected it to be much better, and I put it down to the fact that having 10 speakers within such a small cabin is maybe too much.

Reply to
BF