  • Reply to: All; "Thomas Smith"
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:21:40 GMT
  • Subj: New Buyer/ INFO on 944 ======================================================================

TS> I am going to but a used porsche. Can anyone tell me some inside TS> details or secrets of a 944. What some major malfunctions or TS> attentions that need to be addressed are? It would be greatly TS> beneficial. Thanks - t

Jack D. Russell, Sr.

Hi

Below are some links. I suggest visit some of them.

Thinks to watch for are

1) body repairs. A big or small dent it costs about the same te get fixed. Here it's about $600 a body panel repair. a good paint job costs more a good 944 will cost. 2) Mechanical repairs clutch gone about $1,000 Timing belt replacement about $1,000 new shocks about $700 all 4 together Tires about $400-$700 depending on size, type and brand Brakes dishes about $100-$200 a piece depending on type

Good luck in finding a nice one.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Sure