replacing rear window in 2002 boxster

Does anyone out there know... can you replace the plastic rear window in a 2002 boxster, or does it require a whole new roof?

Reply to
Chowda Hed

Mine started showing signs of cracking last Winter so just the plastic was replaced. The replacement was sewn in instead of glued.

Reply to
Dan Stephenson

replaced where? How?

Reply to
Chowda Hed

Just got back from vacation. See my other post. In summary, the dealership "had a guy" who did it. I get vibes it wasn't an official fix but I'm not sure, and not sure was to think about it. But it has held up in rain. In some ways I'd really like a glass rear window, but as you know they are smaller than the plastic window, and the greater visibility is nice.

Reply to
Dan Stephenson