Songs with Porsche in lyrics?

Is there a list of songs that have Porsche in the lyrics? Or maybe we could come up with one here? I'd like to burn a CD with those songs.

Reply to
John Riley

Mercedes Benz by Janis Joplin mentions Porsche, and she had a Porsche

Martin

Reply to
Martin Basil

Betcha can't top this one.... "Miss Christine drives a 944. Satisfaction oozes from her pores." (David & David, "Welcome to the Boomtown")

Reply to
levi

Right. She says "My friends all drive Porsches. I must make amends."

Reply to
John Riley

I never heard that one, but it counts!

Reply to
John Riley

Beware, it's also a commercial for Denny's Restaraunts....

Handsome Kevin got a little off track, Took a year off from college and he never went back, Now he smokes much too much, got a permanent hack, He deals dope out of Denny's, keeps a table in the back.

There's a song I may have heard called Gary Numan's Porsche, or similar.

Actually, if you do some Google searches us> I never heard that one, but it counts!

Beware, it's also a commercial for Denny's Restaraunts....

Handsome Kevin got a little off track, Took a year off from college and he never went back, Now he smokes much too much, got a permanent hack, He deals dope out of Denny's, keeps a table in the back.

There's a song I may have heard called Gary Numan's Porsche, or similar.

Actually, if you do some Google searches using the terms "Porsche" AND "lyrics" OR "words" you should turn up a few more. Most of the songs I saw were in genres I was unfamiliar with, e.g. rap, hip hop. You might try "Boxster", maybe "Spyder", and then if you want to go to a lot of work, sift thru the returns on the Porsche model numbers e.g. 356, 911, 944

Reply to
levi

Thanks. I tried that and got a LOT of results. I stopped after finding 64 different songs. Most of them I had never heard of either, but a few of the groups were familiar. I'll see if I can find them and listen to them to see if they are worth a CD.

Reply to
John Riley

Reply to
John Cairns

Howzzat?

: Never gonna own a race-horse or a fast back mid-engine Porsche

Mr T might say: "I pity the fool".

`course, IIRC Miss Christ> Easily done, plus I've never heard it on a soundtrack for a commercial.

Reply to
levi