Extended Warranty from "Easy Care"

WARNING....WARNING....

avoid getting an extended warranty from the "Easy Care" from Ford. I got one through my dealer, who actually told me it was an ACTUAL warranty from Ford, but it turns out the company is a subsidiary owned by another company which is owned by Ford. I just had the chance to use this useless warranty for a problem with my 4x4 hubs and they will not cover it. Even though it states the parts are covered, they are denying it. I was told by the dealer (who mentioned this now, now when I bought the truck) that is this were the true blue, actual, honest to goodness Ford ESP warranty, it would undoubtedly be covered.

Just my 2 cents...

Reply to
No One

Are you sure they are with Ford since they are a subsidiary of Corfacts, Inc, a telemarketing group. Easy Care extended warranty is sold by all kinds of companies and not only a Ford Dealer. Some Dealers aren't as honest as others and will put a profit over customers first. Those third party insurance deals offer a large kickback to the sellers. Other rip offs include warranties for body dents, wheel road hazards and what ever little cost they can stick to you. But anyway Ford didn't sell that to you some dishonest Ford Dealer did.

Reply to
Perry

Thanks for the additional info. As far as I am concerned, and for what FMC will see, if a Ford dealer sells something, the FMC unltimately is liable and or responsible for that dealer. That's the price for letting someone use your name. I'll keep you posted as to what happens. I sent a registered letter to the CEO of FMC. Should get someone's attention....

Reply to
No One

You may see it that way but that's not how the law sees it. Most dealers are independantly owned franchises that are under contract to see Ford products. If they also sell aftermarket service contracts or accesories there is nothing FMC can do about it. Good luck..

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Already getting some action. I sent a note to FMC and said that the dealer sold me the warranty under a 'bait and switch' deal. Got a phone call today, just have to call back

Reply to
No One

Good luck. Check back after you call.

Reply to
GFRfan

Good luck. Check back after you call.

Reply to
GFRfan

Dealer called me all worried. They saud the dude dont work there no more and they will do whatever they can to make me happy. I didn't even send the telegram to the CEO yet.....wonder what that will get me?

Reply to
No One