When will the new 911 Body style be out???

I am interested in buying a pre owned 911 but was curious when the new body style is expected out, so I don't lose even more dough on the purchase.

Reply to
B-Rod

I'm afraid you're on the wrong newsgroup. I recently bought my first

911 and asked the group for suggestions for tires and such. There was but one reply and it was from a woman who wondered how my (then) girlfriend could have bought am 1955 Speedster for $3000.00 ? I explained that it was on the showroom floor at "I Street Motors" in Sacramento, CA in late 1954. I remember it well, there was a Gullwing 300SL in Silver next to it, at a list price of less than $8000.00. I myself drove that 300SL from the dock in San Fransisco to the dealership, I drove it carefully because I did then and do now love cars and did not want the new owner to think it had been abused. I also drove it because the owner of the dealership was a real enthusiast, he raced sports cars in every venue possible as did I. He also knew that as a Captain in the USAF my funds were limited and also as a pilot I had to get permission from my CO for every race. The dealer was named Sam Weiss and he was killed in a 550 Spyder during a race I'd like to forget. He told me after a practice run that Ken Miles in his MG was smiling at him as he sailed passed, Phil Hill never looked and so forth...... I was in my C Production XK-120 MC and finished 2nd in class, I remember the dust flying but did not suspect that Sam had overturned and been killed. Even now 40+ years later, I have to pause......... Barry
Reply to
My name is Legion

I think the 997 is due out in 2004 for the 2005 model year. There have already been spy photos, so it's got to be close... Emanuel

Reply to
Emanuel Brown
997s were initially due late this year but early next year is more likely. The car is slated to grow, in base trim, to at least 360 horsepower, with a more powerful engine option for the "S" variants. The Turbo, GT3, and GT2 should grow in power too. The headlamps will most likely return to the more "oval" 993-style shape, and the suspension will be revised for better handling. Porsche is trying hard to make the 996 seem more worthwhile to buyers who're otherwise tempted by the $55k Corvette Z06. However, the 997 will be somewhat temporary. The 998s, due in 2006, should sport an 8 cylinder engine, perhaps based on the Cayenne's 4.5 litre mill.
Reply to
Steve Grauman

Reply to
B-Rod