Why are Porsches expensive?

No.....I made an oopsie. They're comparing it to the 1997 996. See page

10 of the April Panorama Issue.

Seems like there's conflicting reports in the same issue of the mag. Looks like we'll have to wait and see.

Honestly, though, I don't see how Porsche would allow the Cayman to outperform the 911. That is their flagship car right? (other than the Carrera GT which is a limited production).

Reply to
Steve Travis

Well, I hope that works out for you. Good luck on your new garage hunting.

Bernard

Reply to
Bernard farquart

You have experience of more Porsche models than most here. Which will you go for if it is to be just one?

Reply to
Paul Spencer

Absolutely. You'd think the Porsche writers would have the same story.....

With both the Carrera and the Cayman available in "S" versions, the Cayman S may outperform the base Carrera, but certainly not the Carrera S.

Car and Driver is reporting the Cayman S will sticker at about $75K; if so, that would price it above the base Carrera but below the Carrera S. Porsche may be positioning the cars in the marketplace so the performance variant of the Cayman line costs more than the base Carrera (and justifies the cost by its performance), while for about $5K more (base) you can have the better performing Carrera S.

Reply to
Jim Keenan

Ideally, I'd have a blood orange/black 1972 911T sunroof coupe with

3.0 engine swapped in. However, if circumstances warranted a more modern, galvanized car, it'd be a 5-speed 928S4. Emanuel
Reply to
E Brown