Why is this newsgroup dead?

Why is this group dead? I am a BMW owner and am thinking of buying a Porsche. I know that the BMW forum is not alive, but the ammount of posts are at least 10-20X - maybe more. Where do you guys hang out to get info?

Reply to
Jean-Paul

The Pelican Parts

and Rennlist
forums are *much* more active. The Pelican board is best for older 911s (pre-1990) while Rennlist is more active for the

944, 928, and newer 911s.

--

2003 BMW 325i Black/Black 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Reply to

It's just about impossible to do much of any work on these cars on your own ... eg the midengine boxster ... since most of us don't have hoists in the garage. If you can afford a 911 ..... well, why DIY :-)

cheers

btw, this kept me from buying porsche and sticking to mercedes instead

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

I love working on mine. Aside from mantenance, I just don't ~have~ to all that much. No hoist in my garage, either.

DS

95 993 Coupe
Reply to
The Dead Senator

Emanuel is right, but many of us die hards still lurk and even occasionally post to point others off to these other sites that don't have many problems with trolls and advertisement spammers. But I've noticed that even those have dropped off.

You can certainly still ask questions here. We don't flame folks much 'round these parts.

Go buy that P-car!

DS

95 993 Coupe
Reply to
The Dead Senator

Guenter,

By doing in myself I can have a 928 and a 944. And drive them daily. And do PCA Drivers Education.

If I didn't do my own work I could have a Porsche garage queen be it 911 or not.

Guenter Scholz wrote:

Reply to
someone

Reply to
Scopacetic

Unless you extoll the virtues of sticking a Small block chevy into a 944 :) Or claim your C6 is better than a 928 ;)

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Because you can, hell I know people who pull their own Ferraris to pieces to do service/rebuilds, just to see how many expensive parts they have left over.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

True, we've been less than sympathetic to the insane. :) Emanuel

--

2003 BMW 325i Black/Black 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Reply to
E Brown

Forget it Jake..it's Usenet..

Reply to