2010 Toyota (UK) Auris HSD full Hybrid

The UK Toyota's Matrix-Yaris-like 5 door Hatchback hybrid borrows the Toyota Prius's drivetrain, powerplant, electric motor, and battery system. It cost 18950 pounds. It accelerates rather slowly from 0-62 mph in a leisurely 11.4 seconds but it also returns 61.9 mpg (US gallons) and avoids's London's smog/emissions taxes.

source ====

2010 Auris HSD Full Hybrid
Toyota's Auris hybrid is a riot of mixed messages. Richard Hammond, July 9 2010.
Neo

While Prius performance is leisurely by contemporary standards, it beats the best when I was a kid (12 flat to 60 was considered very good), and except for the entry to a freeway, I have never needed to floor it, anyway. In fact, I find that I always wonder why the people in front of me are dawdling so. Iow, Prius performance is perfectly adequate. I am sure that the Yaris hybrid in the UK is the same.

Reply to
Peter Granzeau