2001 Prius still gets 49.5MPG

although the main computer was replaced about 40K miles back, this car has been amazing! I only wish that there was a Prius + kit for it.

-dmc

Reply to
horus

By Main computer I assume you are referring to the HV ECU. Didja have a P3101/P3191? Prius + kit? I assume (again) that this is one of the PHEV kits that occupies the spare tire well? If so I wish there wasn't a kit for the NHW20 either. You see the fluid pump for the bearings (mainly the PSD) in the transaxle (which are sleeve in your NHW11) is run only by the ICE shaft so if the ICE isn't turning the pump isn't pumping and the bearings run dry. I want an NHW20 so bad I can taste it but I doubt I will get one any time soon. I have the Vancouver NHW20 Prius taxi set as my wallpaper on my computer. I DO NOT want a ZVW30 due to the goofy interior, the cheesy VFD for the energy monitor and consumption screens, and the braking, SKS, and other system changes.

Reply to
Daniel who wants to know