Toyota Auris in French Please

Good morning. Desiring to buy a Toyota Auris D4D 126 Can you give me your impressions on this type of vehicle and your impression of quality and reliability. Greetings.

Reply to
Gerard

Sorry, we don't have an Auris in North America. The Auris looks good in the photos. I like the convenience of a hatchback, and to read that it has a 6 speed manual transmission, Sweet!

If you are choosing between a Volkswagen Gti, then your better off with the Auris.

Reply to
EdV

"EdV" ...

Looks like they are fitting it in between the Yaris and the Corolla. I did not think there was enough room for that to wedge one in there. I would think that it is likely to be a fine vehicle and as reliable as the other reliable Toyotas. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

I Googled the Auris - as other mentioned, it's not available in the U.S., so I'm not familiar with it. (But it looks quite a lot like the Matrix, to me.) Anyway... I've bought Toyotas since 1984 for a reason - they're good, reliable cars.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

"Tomes" kirjoitti viestissä:g665un$53m$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

Actually, Auris isn't squeezing itself in a new spot in the market, if that's what you meant.

What is now sold as Auris was until two years ago known as Corolla hatchback. I used to have a Corolla hatchback, and when I saw an Auris at dealership, most changes I noticed were in inside. Most notable thing was the shift stick to have been rised 15 cm or so higher than in Corolla. Other changes were in Auris having more modern gages, new arrangement for buttons that control air conditioning (or maybe that was because that Auris had automatic climate control and my Corolla didn't), and new colors in dashboard.

I guess something was changed also in the outside, but not anything big. A couple of times I've come across cars that I thought were Corolla hatchbacks, but to my surprise at the rears it said Auris. So the only ways I can tell whether it's Auris or Corolla, are either to look at the rear for text Auris or Corolla, or to look inside and see if the shift stick is rised or not.

When Auris was introduced, a car magazine said that now at Toyota Auris is being developed more independently from other Corollas (sedan, stationwagon, Verso (kind of swollen stationwagon)) and that's how the new different name is justified.

P.V.

Reply to
P.V.

My last 3 vehicles are all Toyota's. Last month I bought a Scion tC, even if I wasn't so impressed with my 07 Camry, I still bought a Toyota. This Thursday I'm attending a new owners event from my dealer. Who knows what kind of mumbo jumbo they will tell us, at least I get free drinks=) By the way, Off topic they sent me an email linking me to a Scion Survey and at the end of the survey I got 2 free maintenance service.

Reply to
EdV