And now the Bull starts

We're kind of assuming you familiarize yourself with a vehicle loaded with technology that may be unfamiliar BEFORE you find yourself hurtling through space at 125 MPH. How had she been turning the car off before that?

A lot of companies have adopted it. I think Honda was one of the first with the S2000.

Reply to
Hachiroku

No shit Sherlock!

Don't you read the OM when you get a new car?

Reply to
Hachiroku

I think it was a '46 chevy coupe that was the first car I saw where you pushed a button on the dash to start the car. It was considered cutting edge technology. A big step forward from stepping on a pedal on the floor.

Reply to
jim

In message , jim writes

I can remember cars from between the wars having starter buttons as standard, it was a long time later that there was another space (other than off and on) that allowed you to crank the engine with the key.

Reply to
Clive

Sure, but this one had celebrity status...

Reply to
Not Me

3,000 miles and she never bothered to read the Owner's Manual or familiarize herself with the controls.

I hope THIS is what she's driving now...

Hachiroku

I was talking in terms of modern, electrically controlled ignition rather than have a button on the dash in place of a soleniod.

But you knew that.

Reply to
Hachiroku

That seems about on the money. Er, no pun intended...

Reply to
Hachiroku