Consumption Screen Oddity

Let's see if I can explain my problem regarding the Consumption screen on the Touch Screen.

We often drive about 25 miles down the interstate with about 5 minutes on each end of the trip on city streets. After about the first 5 minutes the screen shows a little more that 25mpg in the first bar. Once we get on the interstate, the second bar(5-10) begins to fill and after a short time it gets to little more than 25mpg. As time goes on duing the second interval, the first bar (0-5) jumps up to a little less than 50 mpg and the second bar stays around 25 mpg. This sequence continues as time passes and the remaining bars fill and the preceding bar jumps up to almost 50 mpg as did the first bar during the second interval. The overall average at the bottom of the screen usually shows between 45 mpg and 48 mpg for the total trip which seems about right.

It is strange that the preceding bar would change after its time frame had passed. What in the software would account for that?

I will appreciate any insight into this.

Thank you very much.

Reply to
Jack Gillis

The bars shift as a new one is created every five minutes. The one on the right is always the newest. The next one is 5 minutes old. The next one is 10 minutes old, etc.

Reply to
greenpjs

Thank you very much.

I didn't realize that was the progression of the bars. I will take a look at it with that view in mind.

Reply to
Jack Gillis

I didn't make it to next Wednesday. We took a short ride up the interstate this afternoon and found your explanation was right on.

Thank you very much.

Reply to
Jack Gillis