Cost of new prius at the EU

Hi, I would like to know a comparrisson how much cost a new Prius at the EU (let's say at the Germany, Ireland or France). I believe that at the US you get something like $22.000 which equals to about 16000 EUR.

Reply to
JiK

Well, one of the problems with comparing the US Prius with that in Europe, is the differences in basic features. For example, the US Prius has the bladder fuel tank and the CHSS (thermos) for emissions/ warmup, while those aren't available in Europe. The European Prius has 4-wheel disc brakes, while the US Prius doesn't. (The European Prius supposedly has a sportier suspension, besides the 16" wheels, but the new US Touring edition probably comes close to matching that.) Also, cruise control is standard in the US, but is an option in most of Europe. (Even between European countries, the Prius has differing base models...) The EV button is standard on the Prius outside of North America (not available from Toyota in the US, but only aftermarket). The IPA (Intelligent Parking Assist) is an available option on Prius sold outside of North America, as well.

used to get you to the Prius pages at thedifferent international Toyota sites that sell the Prius... but itlooks like it recently was taken down. 8( so instead you'll have togo to
and pickeach country yourself to see if the Prius is offered there and for howmuch.

If you have any specific questions, you could ask owners at

(also check theirlinks section for links to country or language-specific groups.)

Reply to
mrv

I wasn't looking for really specific answer, all I want is to know thousands of euros. Just as I shoot that prius costs $ 22k here at the US. It might be 21k or 24k but the range is right. I want the same number for EU, plus I want to know if it is with or without WAT (sales tax) which is something like 20% there at EU.

Reply to
JiK

Base price in Luxembourg ist around 25k, including 15% VAT.

Be aware that cars from Japan are subject to an import tax of around

10%, before application of VAT.

A similar Golf or other compact car with comparable equipment is at roughly the same price, maybe 1000 or 2000 cheaper.

cu .\\arc

Reply to
Marc Gerges