Electric AC Compressor in Dixie

What's that I said, Bob?

"my profile"? WTF are you talking about?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

STILL no answer to that one, Bob?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Are you saying the Prius does not source its power entirely from gasoline? Is that what you mean by "gasser"?

What source of energy does the Prius use, then?

And you said "the Prius A/C compressor doesn't have any seals". That's way, WAY different than the truth.

Makes one wonder about your pretty charts and graphs.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

No, Bob, the question was "what do you mean by "gasser" and how is a "gasser" different from the Prius?

The sole source of energy for the Prius is gasoline. How is that different from what you call a "gasser"? How is the Prius not a "gasser"?

The Prius most certainly isn't an electric car.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

What do you mean by "gasser"?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Tell us all what characteristics of a car make it not a "gasser"?

Oh, I get it--you'll just make things up out of thin air when it suits you.

It's a nice fantasy world you live in, Bob.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

What differentiates a hybrid electric car, which uses gasoline as its sole source of energy, from a "gasser"?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

The Prius uses gasoline as its sole source of energy. That makes it a "gasser", right?

A "gasser" uses gasoline--right?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

What differentiates a hybrid electric car, which uses gasoline as its sole source of energy, from a "gasser"?

The ability to capture kinetic energy.

Reply to
Al Falfa

Uh, gasoline is not it's sole source of energy. That's why it is a hybrid.

Reply to
totfit

He can look it up in a dictionary if he doesn't understand.

Reply to
totfit

dude...the SOLE source of energy put into the Prius is gasoline.

If I'm wrong, please tell me--what OTHER source of energy does the Prius use?

psssst--the answer isn't "electricity". The MG/battery system is used to MANAGE the energy that's provided by the gasoline. But since no electricity is put into the battery system from the outside--since the ONLY source of energy put into the Prius is gasoline--it's every bit the "gasser" that any other gas-only car is.

How many other Prius owners are so stupid as to think they have an electric car?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty