Electric AC Compressor in Dixie

dude...the SOLE source of energy put into the Prius is gasoline.

If I'm wrong, please tell me--what OTHER source of energy does the Prius use?

psssst--the answer isn't "electricity". The MG/battery system is used to MANAGE the energy that's provided by the gasoline. But since no electricity is put into the battery system from the outside--since the ONLY source of energy put into the Prius is gasoline--it's every bit the "gasser" that any other gas-only car is.

How many other Prius owners are so stupid as to think they have an electric car?

Another difference between a hybrid and a comparably configure "gasser" would be 15 more miles per gallon. Magically, I've driven mine six or seven miles without the engine ever running. Somehow, some way, the hybrid does seem to be a little different don't you think? Could it be it's ability to capture and use kinetic instead of gas?

This isn't the first, second or third time you've bored us with this nonsense. Why don't you grow up and quit making yourself look stupid by denigrating others?

Reply to
Al Falfa

Managing the gasoline's energy doesn't change that it still uses GASOLINE as its sole source of energy.

It's still a "gasser". It's not an electric car, or a car that runs on magic beans, or whatever seems to give you orgasmic pleasure.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Managing the gasoline's energy doesn't change that it still uses GASOLINE as its sole source of energy.

It's still a "gasser". It's not an electric car, or a car that runs on magic beans, or whatever seems to give you orgasmic pleasure.

So, then, you don't think the hybrid's ability to recover kinetic energy differentiates if from a conventional gas powered car. Incredible!

Some would argue that, when it operates exclusively on captured kinetic energy, it has reverted to electric operation. I suppose this is why they call it a hybrid. You find fault with that characterization because finding fault is what you do.

Reply to
Al Falfa

Yes, from a dead start the electric-only range is only about a mile but, as Newton's First Law of Motion so eloquently states, a body in motion tends to stay in motion. A little captured kinetic energy can extend that range quite a bit if you going 40 mph when you run out of gas.

Reply to
Al Falfa

So a gasser uses gas, and a Prius uses gas.

Hmmmmmm.

So any car that sources its energy solely from gasoline is a gasser...but wait, the Prius sources its energy solely from gasoline....

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

That's a blanket statement that is a lie.

The electric power system provides power when (a) the computer decides there's enough electric power available, and (b) when the computer decides it would be more efficient.

It is not solely a decision of "using the gasoline engine would be inefficient, therefore let's use electric power". If there's no electric power to be had, then the Hybrid Synergy Drive system uses the gasoline engine.

Because, as we all know, the sole source of energy that's put into the Hybrid Synergy Drive is gasoline.

So stop inventing things out of thin air, things you know not to be true.

You would say anything, even lie, if you found some truth about the world that you found inconvenient.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Nope. The Hybrid Synergy Drive system's ability to manage the gasoline-sourced energy does not change the fact that the Prius is still a gasser.

It's not an electric car, no matter how badly people want it to be so.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Nope. The Hybrid Synergy Drive system's ability to manage the gasoline-sourced energy does not change the fact that the Prius is still a gasser.

It's not an electric car, no matter how badly people want it to be so.

The electricity delivered to my home comes from coal, the electricity delivered to my car comes from gas. Now I suppose you will argue that my home is a "coaler" huh? Why don't we nitpick right down to where that gas comes from? If we do that, your entire argument falls to pieces.

Reply to
Al Falfa

Your electric company can turn the generators a number of ways, using a number of sources of energy. They can buy electricity on the open market from any number of sources over which they have no control.

Your Prius takes in exactly one source of energy: gasoline. Period. It is not an electric car.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Go on, wacko, keep pretending that the hybrids are not "gassers". They all use gasoline as their sole source of energy.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Your electric company can turn the generators a number of ways, using a number of sources of energy. They can buy electricity on the open market from any number of sources over which they have no control.

Your Prius takes in exactly one source of energy: gasoline. Period. It is not an electric car.

Of course it isn't an electric car. It's a hybrid. Sometimes it runs on gasoline, sometimes it runs on electricity derived from captured kinetic energy. Cripes, Elmo, haven't you been paying attention?

Reply to
Al Falfa

Go on, wacko, keep pretending that the hybrids are not "gassers". They all use gasoline as their sole source of energy.

What about when they have a strong tailwind?

Reply to
Al Falfa

Then so does every other car driving on the same road at the same time.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

...said kinetic energy having been produced in the first place by...drum roll, please...gasoline.

Speaking of your not paying attention...

It's frightening that you are allowed to vote.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

...said kinetic energy having been produced in the first place by...drum roll, please...gasoline.

Speaking of your not paying attention...

It's frightening that you are allowed to vote.

There you go, ignoring the difference between a hybrid and a "gasser." The "gasser" can't capture and reuse kinetic energy. You are incredibly dense.

Reply to
Al Falfa