How does the Prius hold up?

In my case, the choice was keeping an Acura TL or buying a Prius.

Right now, at $4.00 a gallon (which actually is low), and driving 12,000 miles a year, using actual mileage for my cars:

Acura: 25 MPG means 480 gallons at $4.20 a gallon (premium) is $2,016 a year for gas.

Prius: 48 MPG means 250 gallons at $4.00 a gallon is $1,000 a year for gas.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

He'd better act soon, read up on HR 5734 that I call "Bell the Hybrid Act." There is a hearing by the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration on Monday, June 23, announcing their two year collaboration with the National Federation of the Blind to force this down our throats.

Folks, if you don't write your congress critter about this, our quiet cars will be just as noisy (and deadly) as the ones that already kill

4,700 pedestrians and cyclists per year.

Bob Wilson

Reply to
Bob & Holly Wilson