Logitech mx400

This mouse has worked flawlessly for months. But now, during gameplay, it will stop all functions for a period of maybe 5 to 10 seconds, then snap out of it and work correctly until it goes out again, maybe twice every minute. Sometimes when it is out my computer will make the sound it makes when a piece of hardware is disconnected, then reconnected. I have unplugged the usb connector and reinserted several times to be sure it is plugged in well, to no avail. Occasionally this happens during applications other than gameplay (quake 3/urban terror.) I believe a new mouse is what is called for unless you guys have other ideas.

Reply to
OscartheGrouch

Lesson for the day, don't drink and post.

Reply to
OscartheGrouch

How many MPG were you getting before the tragic failure?

Reply to
News

You could have a short in your wire or a loose connection. I'd use this as an excuse to upgrade to a wireless mouse. But if you plan to drive your Prius with mice, use a cage.

Reply to
Rog'

What kind of mileage do you get? Are you pulsing and gliding, or just running it straight?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Oscar,

You obviously posted the wrong newsgroup. However, my Wireless keyboard gives me lots of problems too. I blame the wireless telephone a foot away. They are conflicting for spectrum freq.

Reply to
Mr Ed